Information on your loan cancellation rights (Right to Cancel).
See below for your right to cancel or view details in our sample loan agreement/s found on our sample contracts page.
Right to Cancel (early repayment)
You have a right to cancel your loan (i.e. fully repay your loan) at any time during the life of your contract. No additional administration or other early repayment fees or costs apply if you cancel, but if you cancel your loan:
- Within ten working days from the date that we disclose a copy of this agreement to you, you will be required to pay interest for the period from the day you received the advance until the day you repaid the advance, and we may charge you for any reasonable expenses necessarily incurred by us in connection with your contract. You must also in that case repay to us the advance (and return any other property received by you) within that ten working day period; or
- After ten working days from the date that we disclose a copy of this loan agreement to you, you will be required to pay interest for the period from the day you received the advance until the day you repaid the advance and any and all accrued but unpaid credit and default fees incurred under the terms of your contract (as described below) prior to the date you repaid the advance. You must in that case repay to us the settlement amount we calculate (and return any other property received by you) within [five] working days from the date you give written notice to us (as below) of your intention to cancel the contract.
For the purpose of calculating the number of working days in a period Saturdays, Sundays, the period between 25 December and 2 January, and national public holidays are not counted as working days.
How to cancel: To cancel, you must give the Creditor written notice that you intend to cancel the contract by:
- giving notice to the Creditor or an employee or agent of the Creditor; or
- posting the notice to the Creditor or an agent of the Creditor; or
- emailing the notice to the Creditor’s e-mail address; or
- sending the notice to the Creditor’s fax number.
We will then let you know what the settlement amount will be.
You can also make a partial early repayment at any time during the term of your contract, with no additional early repayment fee or cost resulting from that payment.